URL blocking on the Bright Box router allows you to restrict up to 30 websites from being accessed by either all computers, or specific computers or devices on your home network.
The example below shows how you would block a particular computer from viewing a particular website, for example www.example.com.
- Start by reserving an IP address for the devices you want to block from viewing specific websites
- Now, from the admin pages, navigate to the Firewall menu in ADVANCED
- Select URL Blocking
- Enter the URL of the web address you wish to block, e.g. www.example.com, or just a key word out of the URL, e.g. example
- You can block up to 30 sites, or key words.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click SAVE SETTINGS
- Your changes will be applied
- Next, select Access Control In the Firewall menu
- Select Add Device Filtering Rule
- Give your rule a name - in the example below, our rule is called URL Blocking
- In the Client Device IP Address field, enter either:
- One IP address, e.g. 17~17
- A range of IP address e.g. 17~24
- For all devices connected to your router e.g. 2~254
- In Client Device Service select Blocking in the WWW with URL blocking - this will block the addresses you entered in your URL blocking list
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- In the Scheduling Rule menu, select ALWAYS BLOCKING
- Click SAVE SETTINGS to add the rule
- Settings will be applied
- Your rule will be displayed
- If this is the first rule you've created, select Enable in Filtering function and SAVE SETTINGS
- Your settings rule will be applied
- You can select to Edit, or Delete your rule at any time, for example if you wish to add or remove websites (URLs) to your list.
Note: we don't recommend this as a complete parental control solution. Instead you may be interested in our Norton™ Family offer.