You can connect to the internet when your phone is within range of a wireless (WiFi) network.
To turn WiFi on and connect to a wireless network:
- Go to Settings and select WiFi.
- Use the on/off slider to turn WiFi on or off.
- When you turn on WiFi, all available WiFi networks will be shown in the WiFi networks section.
- Select a WiFi network to connect to it. If the network is secured, you'll need to enter the password or other details. Once you’re done, select Connect.
When WiFi is switched on and the network notification is activated, the WiFi icon will appear on your status bar whenever your phone detects an available WiFi network within range.
Once you've successfully connected, your phone will connect automatically to the same WiFi network the next time you're within range of it.
To forget a WiFi network
To prevent automatically connecting to networks you no longer want to use:
- In the WiFi screen, long press the name of the saved network you want to forget.
- Select Forget network.
Connecting to a hidden WiFi network
To connect to a hidden WiFi network, open your phone settings.
Select WiFi. Scroll to the bottom of the list of visible networks and select Add network:
- Type in the SSID of your network.
- Fill in all the other information asked for.
- Select Save.
- Type in the password, if required.
You're now connected to your hidden network.