Need help setting up your Livebox? This guide shows you how.
- If required, disconnect any old broadband equipment (i.e. a router or modem) from your phone line
- You can leave your broadband filters connected
- Connect the power cable to the Livebox
- Plug the power socket into the mains
- Connect the broadband cable to the broadband socket on the Livebox - that's the one directly next to the power socket
- Fit one of your new broadband filters to your phone socket
- We suggest using your main telephone socket for a better broadband speed, avoid using an extension line or socket.
- Connect the broadband cable into the broadband filter
- You'll also need to plug each piece of telephone equipment connected to your line into a broadband filter. This includes sockets for:
- TV services e.g. Sky
- Answer phones
- Alarm systems - you might need to talk to an alarm engineer about this
It'll take a couple of minutes for your Livebox to start up. Probably just enough time to make yourself a cuppa.
Connect computer to Livebox
Ideally, connect your computer to your Livebox using a wired connection. You can always set up a wireless connection later.
- Plug one end of your Ethernet cable into either the red or yellow Ethernet socket on the side of your Livebox
- Plug the other end into the Ethernet socket on your computer