To connect a set-top box for digital TV, first look for instructions included in your package. In some cases the set-top box will have to be connected to a dedicated Ethernet port (typically Ethernet port 4).
- both your network device - for example, a computer or a gaming console - and your Technicolor TG589 router must have a free Ethernet port
- your network device must be configured to obtain an IP address automatically. This should be the default setting
In your package, you may find one or more cables with yellow connectors. These are Ethernet cables that you can use to connect a local network device such as a computer or an Ethernet printer.
How to connect your wired devices
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to one of the yellow Ethernet ports of your Technicolor TG589 router:
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your network device.
Your Technicolor TG589 router does not support Power over Ethernet (PoE). All network devices that are connected to the Technicolor TG589 router must be powered by their own power source.
- Your device is now connected to your network.