WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) allows you to add new wireless devices to your local network in a swift and easy way, without the need to enter any of your wireless settings (network name, wireless key, encryption type).
Both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz access points of your router support WPS.
What you need
Your wireless client must support WPS. Consult the documentation of your wireless client for this.
The following operating systems have native WPS support:
- Windows supports WPS from Windows Vista Service Pack 1 onwards
- Android supports WPS from Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) onwards
- BlackBerry supports WPS from BlackBerry 6 onwards
Your Technicolor TG589 router must use WPA2 PSK or WPA+WPA 2 PSK encryption or no encryption (default encryption).
WPS cannot be used in combination with the following encryptions:
The WPS function must be enabled on your Technicolor TG589 router. This is the default setting.
The following WPS methods are supported by your Technicolor TG589 router:
- Push Button Configuration (PBC)
Simply push the WPS button on both your wireless device and your Technicolor TG589 router to connect them to each other.
- PIN code entry on the wireless device
Enter the PIN code of your TG589 router on your wireless device to connect them to each other.
- PIN code entry on your Technicolor TG589 router
Enter the WPS PIN code of your wireless device on the TG589 router to connect them to each other.