Find out how to enable or disable MAC filtering on your device.
MAC Filtering is a great way to make a WiFi connection more secure. All WiFi devices have a MAC address. MAC Address filtering means you have to manually add the MAC of a new device into the router to enable it to connect.
- Connect the device to your laptop or computer via USB cable or WiFi connection.
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, enter 192.168.1.1, then click the arrow icon or press Enter.
- Click Settings.
- Enter the required username and password, then click Log In.
Note: The default username and password is admin.
- Click the WLAN dropdown.
- Click WLAN MAC Filter.
- Click the WLAN MAC Filter dropdown.
- Select the desired filter mode (e.g. Allow).
- Click on an empty MAC Address field.
- Enter the MAC address of the device you want to add.
- To remove a device from the MAC filtering list, delete the required address from the MAC Address field.
- Click Apply.
The MAC filtering has been enabled.