Find out how to perform a master reset via the hardware buttons.
Note: Resetting your device will remove all personal data, including media files and documents, to avoid loss please back up your personal data before performing a master reset.
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release all buttons when the Samsung logo appears.
- Wait while the android system recovery loads up.
- Scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset using the Volume down button, then press the Power button to confirm.
- Scroll to Yes using the Volume down button, then press the Power button.
- The phone will be restored to factory settings.
- Once finished, scroll to Reboot system now, then press the Power button.
The phone has been restored to factory defaults.