Powerline adapters are great if your EE TV is a long way from your Bright Box router and you're having problems setting up WiFi. Follow this guide if you're having problems with your Huawei powerline adapters.
You can buy our Huawei powerline adapters at EE Home Broadband and TV accessories. Follow the link to Powerline Adapter for use with EE TV.
Check EE TV internet settings
If you're switching from a wireless connection, to using powerline adapters, you'll need to change your EE TV internet settings to wired.
Set up my powerline adapters
Start by checking you've set up your powerline adapters correctly.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable that came with your powerline adapters into a yellow socket on your Bright Box router
- Connect the other end into one of your powerline adapters
- Plug the powerline adapter into a mains socket and switch the socket on
- Next, attach the other Ethernet cable to your EE TV and the second powerline adapter
- Plug the powerline adapter into another mains socket and switch the socket on
- After a few seconds, the Power (PWR) lights will stop flashing and show as a continuous light
- Press and hold the Pair button on one of the adapters for more than one second and less than four seconds
- Repeat the process with the second adapter within two minutes. The PLC indicators will blink first, then the lights will turn off and show as a continuous light
If the data light is off, check:
- You've plugged both powerline adapters directly into a mains socket. Power surge protectors and extension sockets are best avoided.
- You're not using other powerline adapters in your house, working to a different standard. Our adapters work to the HomePlug AV standard
- You've updated EE TV settings to connect via Ethernet - you'll find more help in our guide to Change my EE TV connection to wired
Pair your adapters
Powerline adapters need to be paired. To do this:
- Press and hold the Pair button on a PT500 (no more than four seconds) and repeat the operation on the other PT500 within two minutes.
- The two adapters are then connected and a LAN is set up
- After paired successfully, the two PT500 can be plugged in or out at any time and you don’t need to pair them again.
Can I connect additional adapters?
If you want to connect more powerline adapters (ideally of the same make and model):
- Check you have two working adapters (see above)
- Take the third adapter, connect into a mains socket and switch the socket on
- Press and hold the Pair button on a PT500 not connected to the LAN for four seconds and then release it.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the Pair button on any PT500 already connected to the LAN and then release it.
- The indicators on the newly connected PT500 turn off and then remain on.
- The PT500 automatically restarts and is connected to the network.
Your home network supports a maximum of eight PT500 adapters. So, this can be repeated for up-to six adapters. We recommend they are all of the same make and model. They'll also need to be HomePlug AV compatible. If you have problems with older adapters, speak with their support team for more help.
Reset your adapters
If you continue to have problems, you can try to reset your adapters. To do this:
- Check your adapter is plugged in and switched on
- Press and hold the Pair button for six seconds
What can I do if the PWR indicator is off?
- Check that your powerline adapter is connected to the power socket
- Check whether the power socket is faulty. If it is, use another one
- If the PWR indicator is still off but other indicators are normal, contact us for more help
What can I do if the LAN indicator is off?
- Check your powerline adapter is connected to your Bright Box router
- Check that the EE TV box can access the Internet after you connect it to the LAN port of the router
- Connect your powerline adapter to another LAN port on the your Bright Box router
- If the LAN indicator is still off, contact EE Support for help.
What can I do if the PLC indicator is off?
If the PLC indicator didn't blink after you press the Pair button, the device may be running in energy saving mode. Please plug your powerline adapter into the socket again and repeat this operation until the indicator blinks.
What can I do if my powerline adapter fails to connect to the network?
- Plug your powerline adapter into the socket again
- Press and hold the PAIR button more than eight seconds until the PWR indicator turns off and then release it.
- When the PWR indicator lights up again, repeat the pairing process
- Press and hold the Pair button on your powerline adapter for more than one second and less than four seconds
- Repeat on your other powerline adapter within two minutes
- If the PLC indicators are still off, get in touch - we'll be happy to help
Can I connect multiple powerline adapters?
A home network supports a maximum of eight PT500 powerline adapters. To connect multiple adapters to a home network, repeat the operation of connecting two PT500 powerline adapters.