Browse programmes and plan your viewing
With the EE TV app you can browse and search EE TV to find programmes on TV now or saved in your Recordings or Replay menu. All without interrupting what's on your television. See watching TV on your tablet and phone with the EE TV app for more ideas.
Found the programme you want to watch? Tap to watch on your app, then move to your TV screen with a simple flick of your finger. You can also use the Flick button if you prefer.
Or when browsing or searching for content, tap the Flick button from the programme details page to send the programme straight to your TV.
The Companion Screen gives access to information about the programme you're watching on TV, as well as giving you easy ways to control and share your programme.
To open the companion screen press the Companion button while you're watching Live TV, a recording or Replay content on your television.
The companion screen will open:
Tip: the companion button isn't available when your EE TV box is off or you're viewing a menu or watching On Demand content.
From the companion screen, you can:
- see details about the programme you're watching
- pause, rewind (and fast forward recorded or Replay content)
- control the volume of your EE TV box
- skip back to the beginning of the programme (if the Restart button is available)
- record the programme (if you want to watch it again later)
- share details about what you're watching using the social media app of your choice or email
- go to the programme details page (using the information button)
- change accessibility settings (where available) to include turning on audio description and subtitles
Tip: the Companion Screen also opens when you Flick a programme to your television.
Need to leave the room but want to keep on watching? With the Fetch button you can take whatever's on TV and bring it up on your tablet or iPad. To use Fetch, first press the Fetch button - you'll find this in your EE TV menu and by tapping the screen if you're watching TV in the app.
After a couple of seconds, the programme will open.
EE TV remote control
You can use the EE TV app as a remote control for your EE TV box. To open the remote, first tap the remote control button.
The remote will open - from here you can put your EE TV box into standby, pause, rewind, record, open the EE TV menu, change channel and more. The buttons all work in the same way as your standard EE TV remote.
You can move between remote options by tapping the buttons at the top.
Change to number view by pressing the number button (9 dots).
Or open the keyboard by tapping the keyboard button.