You can no longer view, send or receive emails since the service closed on 31st May 2017.
Any emails sent to your old address will not be received. After a couple of days, the sender is likely to get an email back to say that their email wasn’t delivered.
No, when the service closed on 31 May 2017, these away messages will no longer be sent.
No we’re not. If you don’t already have an alternative email address with another email provider, and need to create a new address, we recommend Google's Gmail. Gmail offers a whole host of benefits such as access across different devices, 15GB of free storage and a simple email address format, ending with @gmail.com.
Other services you have with EE or any of its other brands like Orange or T-Mobile aren’t affected.
If you're a Home Broadband customer, you'll still be able to use the same username and password to access your online account and there is no need to change the user name on your router. However, you may need to update your contact email address for these services. See How to update your contact details.
You may have your Orange Email address listed as a username or contact address for other services, and will need to let these services know your new address. See below for our handy Checklist for updating your email address.
Unfortunately the email service has now closed and it is no longer possible for you to access your account. We sent a number of email notifications and added messages to the email service to let you know several months in advance of the closure.
If you’re still having trouble and would like to speak to someone about the closure just call us on 0800 079 0324.
Since Orange Email was first introduced, a wide variety of providers have launched free email services with more advanced functionality. As a result, the number of Orange Email users declined.
The addresses affected by the closure were:
- How to update your contact details
You can continue to use the same username and password to access My EE broadband. If you have set your Orange Email address as your preferred online login (used to reset your password), you’ll need to update it.
If you’ve set your Orange Email address as the contact address for communications from us about your account (e.g. bill notifications), you’ll need to update it.
EE mobile customers:
If you use your Orange Email address as your username for your EE mobile account, we recommend you update this to your new email address to avoid any future issues with password reset or account confirmation emails.
- Checklist for updating your email address
You can also download this checklist in order to print it out.
- EE Home Broadband
- My EE
- Airlines/Frequent Flyer services
- Alert subscriptions (eg weather, sport, news etc)
- App stores (Apple, iTunes, Google Play Store etc)
- Banks/Building Societies/Financial Investments/PayPal
- Car - Service/Retailer/Manufacturer/Warranty/Breakdown
- Charities that you support and currently receive newsletters
- Childcare Vouchers
- Children’s email accounts linked to parent’s email address
- Cinema / Theatre listings
- Cloud Storage & File Transmission (e.g. Dropbox, WeTransfer, Amazon Photos)
- Collaboration Tools (e.g. Slack, Lync, Skype)
- Electrical Warranty Provider
- Employment agencies/Recruitment Consultants
- Estate Agents
- Family Activity Providers (e.g. Drama School, Tennis, Swimming etc)
- Games Console accounts (Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo etc)
- Government Gateway (HMRC services, Tax Returns etc)
- Gym/Leisure memberships/organisations
- Holiday clubs / afterschool clubs
- Insurance Services (Home, Travel, Car, Medical etc.)
- Loyalty schemes (eg Nectar, Boots Advantage, Tesco Clubcard)
- Maintenance contracts (eg window cleaner, service charges)
- Medical Services (Doctors, Hospitals)
- Newspaper and Magazine accounts/subscriptions
- Online Comparison sites (Compare the Market, Uswitch, Confused.com)
- Online Discount Sites (Money Saving Expert, Quidco, TopCashback)
- Professional Societies/Subscriptions
- Retailers (Grocery, Amazon, Clothing, Household)
- Social Networks (Facebook/Twitter/Linked In)
- Software Subscriptions (Office 365)
- Streaming Services (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV etc)
- Telecoms Providers (Home Phone, Mobile Phone, Broadband)
- Travel Services (Train line, Holiday Companies, Trip Advisor, Expedia etc.)
- Utility companies (Gas, Electric)
- Vets/Microchip registrations
If you'd prefer to talk to somebody about the closure of the Orange Email service, just call us on 0800 079 0324.