Remote assistance allows you to grant access to your Technicolor TG589 router from the internet.
The following security measures are applied:
- when activating remote assistance, a dedicated user account will be created. Only users with a correct user name and password can access the Technicolor TG589 router web interface
- only HTPP Secure (HTTPS) sessions are allowed
The remote session ends when one of the following conditions is met:
- you or the technical support disables remote assistance
- your Technicolor TG589 router is restarted
- after 30 minutes of inactivity on the remote side
How to enable remote assistance
- Open a web browser on a computer that is connected to your local network (and Technicolor TG589 router).
- Browse to your Technicolor TG589 router web interface.
- In the Assistance card, click the switch to put it in the position.
- Your Technicolor TG589 router enables remote assistance and displays the connection details in the assistance card.
- Pass the connection details to the person that will be accessing your Technicolor TG589 router from the internet.
How to access your Technicolor TG589 router from the internet
If someone wants to access your Technicolor TG589 router from the internet, they need to follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and browse to the URL displayed in the Assistance card (for example, https://188.8.131.52:55174).
- use https
- include the colon followed by the port number at the end
- Your browser may prompt you that it does not recognize the security certificate. If so, indicate that you want to continue.
- The Sign in page appears. Enter the user name and password displayed in the Assistance card.
How to disable remote assistance
In the Assistance card, click the switch to put it in the position.