Perform a Master Reset via Hardware
Find out how to reset the device to factory settings without accessing the menus, just follow these simple steps.
- With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
- The Android System Recovery screen will be shown.
- Scroll down to wipe data/factory reset using the Volume down button, then press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data, then press the Power button.
- The device will be restored to factory settings.
- Once finished, scroll to reboot system now, then press the Power button.
The device has been restored to factory settings.