Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Forgotten broadband username or password
If you've forgotten your username or password for Your Account don't worry. This guide offers help with your username format, and shows how to reset your password.
The tips below might help:
- If you registered as an EE customer, your username is similar to yourname or johnsmith123456
- It's the Your Account username, which you'll find on the KEEP MEE card we sent with your router
- If you've logged in before and entered a personal or preferred email address, you can also use this
If you've been with us a little longer you may have an Orange, Wanadoo or Freeserve username. This looks something like this:
Add @fs at the end of the username to connect to the Internet. Or remove for email and logging in to Your Account via My EE.
If you've forgotten your password:
- Go to the FORGOTTON PASSWORD page
- Enter your Home Broadband username
- Enter the letters displayed in the ...type here field - you can also click AUDIO to hear the letters
- Click NEXT
Preferred email set up
If you've set up a preferred email address for Your Account, we'll send you an email. This contains a link which lets you reset your password.
If the mail doesn't arrive, check your junk mail folder.
Preferred email not set up
If you haven't set up a preferred email address
- Enter the answer to the security question and click NEXT - you chose this when you first logged into Your Account via My EE (case sensitive)
- Enter a new password, confirm your password and click FINISH
- That's it - your password will be changed. You can log in to Your Account via My EE.
If you use our email service, the password for this will also change. Simply update your email program settings or log in to webmail with the new password.
Still having problems?
Our tips below often help:
- If you get the message Sorry, but we didn't recognise this login..., then you're entering your username incorrectly
- If you're taken back to the screen to enter your username, you've entered the answer to your security question incorrectly
- The FORGOTTEN PASSWORD pages won't update your internet connection password (used by your router). So, your password for logging in to Your Account and checking email could be different to the internet connection password used by your router.
If you're still having problems, don't worry. Give us a call - we'll be happy to help.