Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Help, information and advice on EE WiFi
- About EE WiFi
WiFi is a wireless technology that allows devices to connect to a network, usually the internet.
If browsing on the internet using a mobile signal seems intermittent or slow, then WiFi can be a real help to get access to the internet in more places.
It's useful when you're in your home, office or a café, but you need to be near a WiFi router to maintain a connection.
4GEE WiFi uses EE's mobile phone network to provide you with an internet connection. This means you're connected wherever you have EE mobile coverage.
- How to use EE WiFi
How to use WiFi at home
- First, turn on WiFi on your mobile phone, laptop or tablet - go to settings and choose WiFi
- Choose the WiFi network name that matches your home internet connection
- If your home internet connection is protected by a password, you'll have to type that in the first time you want to connect to your WiFi at home
- After that, your mobile phone, laptop or tablet will remember the password and log in automatically.
Using your phone to browse the internet at home on your own WiFi will come out of your monthly home internet allowance.
But using WiFi on the move won't affect your monthly data allowance.
Using WiFi when you're out and about
- First, turn on WiFi in the network settings of your mobile phone, laptop or tablet
- You should now see a list of WiFi networks you can connect to
- Some WiFi networks will be free to use and unlocked so you can log on to them straight away. But some may be locked, and you might need to pay to use them. You'll also have to get a password to be able to access these
- Hotels, cafés etc will usually provide the password for their WiFi networks if you just ask
- If you need to pay for their WiFi, they'll also give you details of how to do this.