WiFi is a wireless technology that allows devices to connect to a network, usually the internet.
It's useful when you're in your home, office or a café, but you need to be near a WiFi router to maintain a connection.
Mobile Broadband uses EE's mobile phone network to provide you with an internet connection. This means you're connected wherever you have EE coverage.
More about WiFi.
How to use WiFi at home:
- Turn your WiFi on
- Choose the WiFi network name that matches your home internet connection
- If your network is password protected you'll need to enter to connect. This will save and auto connect next time you use.
Use WiFi when you're out and about:
- Turn on WiFi in your network settings
- You should now see a list of WiFi networks you can connect to
- Some WiFi networks will be free to use, but some you might need to pay to use. You'll also may need to get a password to be able to access some.
Help on how to use WiFi.
If your price plan includes BT WiFi, you'll be able to use thousands of BT Openzone WiFi hotspots. It won't use up your mobile internet allowance, but there is a 3GB monthly limit.
- On your device, turn WiFi on
- Select Virgin Media WiFi from the list of available networks
- In the Virgin Media portal > select EE to register using your mobile number and password
Help on WiFi on the underground.