Using my EE TV remote control
- Using the EE TV remote
- Your EE TV remote buttons
- What do the buttons do?
- A - Power: Use this to put your EE TV into and out of standby mode.
- B - Number/ letter buttons: Use these to enter a number. So, while watching Live TV press 101 to watch BBC HD. Or, if you need to enter letters or numbers press 3 twice to enter the letter E for example.
- C - Delete: If you make a mistake while inputting letters or numbers, you can use the delete key.
- D - TEXT: Press the TEXT button to see any interactive content available for the channel you're watching. You can also press the TEXT button to close your interactive content.
- E - Rewind: Use this to rewind live, recorded or paused TV. Pressing more than once changes the speed.
- F - Play/Pause: Use this to pause and then play live or recorded TV. You can also use it to start a highlighted programme from your Live TV, TV Guide, Recording and Replay menu.
- G - Fast forward: Use this to fast forward recorded or paused TV. Pressing more than once changes the speed.
- H - Volume/ Mute: Use the up and down button to control the volume on your EE TV box. Press and hold the down button to mute your EE TV box.
- I - OK: Use this to confirm your choice from your EE TV menus.
- J - Programme up/ down: Changes the channel up and down.
- K - Arrow buttons: Lets you navigate your EE TV menus and settings. Pressing the up arrow while watching TV opens your channel bar menu, and the left and right arrow opens your timeline menu helping you browse through what's on without changing channel.
- L - Back: Use this to go back while navigating through your EE TV menus or TV guide.
- M - MENU: The MENU (or Home) button takes you to your EE TV home screen.
- N - Information: Gives you more information about the programme you're watching or have highlighted in your EE TV programme guides.
- O - GUIDE: Brings up your TV GUIDE.
- P - REC: Press the REC button to record live TV programmes while watching TV, or from your menu's.
- Q - Interactive buttons: Use the red, green, yellow and blue buttons as shortcuts to help you move through interactive content.
- Hidden gems - shortcuts on your remote
Mute - Press and hold the volume button on your remote control - your EE TV box will be muted
EE TV app for your phone or tablet - Did you know you can download a remote for your mobile or tablet? It even lets you browse and watch live TV, your Recordings and Replay content and then flick it to your TV to watch. See setting up my mobile or tablet to watch EE TV.
The play button - While navigating your menu's, use the play button to watch a programme straight away
The GUIDE button - Opens your TV guide. From here you can use the following buttons on your remote:
- up, down, left and right arrows let you select a programme you're interested in
- P+ or P- moves the page up or down
- fast forward moves the guide forwards a day
- rewind moves the guide back a day (great if you want to watch Replay content)
- play lets you watch the programme straight away
- OK shows you options available for the programme to include play, set up a reminder, Record and Restart (to take you to the start of the programme when available)
- Watching TV and changing channel with EE TV
EE TV lets you enjoy a huge range of free channels, including 12 in HD. Select the play button to watch the video or follow our guide to learn all about watching TV and changing channel.
EE TV menu
When you turn your EE TV on, the home screen will open. Press OK to watch the last channel you viewed. Or use the left, down and OK arrows to select a different channel or open your TV GUIDE or LIVE CHANNELS menu.
Watching TV - the basics
On the screen in the top right corner you'll see the time and the type of TV you're watching, e.g. LIVE TV.
Pressing OK on your remote opens the Options bar - use the left and right arrows on your remote to select Restart, Record, Programme information or Accessibility settings (subtitles, etc.).
To close the Options bar, press the back button (next to MENU) on your remote.
Change channel using the programme button
Pressing the P + and P - arrow will take you straight to the next channel up (or down).
Using your channel wall
Open your channel wall by pressing the up (or down) arrows on your remote. To select a channel, press OK.
You can also move to the right to see what's going to be on next. Or to the left if you're on one of your Restart channels or you've been watching the channel for a while.
Using your timeline
You can open your timeline by pressing the right (or left) arrow on your remote.
- The up arrow lets you see what's on other channels
- Move to the right to see what's going to be on next
- Or to the left if you're on viewing one of your Replay channels or you've been watching the channel for a while.
Press OK to watch the programme.
Change channel using the numbers
If you know the number of the channel you want to watch:
- Enter the number(s) on your remote, e.g. 1
- The number will display in the top right hand corner of your screen
- You'll be taken straight to your channel
TV Guide and live channels
Using your EE TV app
The EE TV app turns your tablet or phone into an enhanced touch control for EE TV. Browse through programmes and plan your viewing on your phone or tablet, then Flick to your TV when you're ready to watch. See our guides below for more help: