4GEE WiFi device help
Follow the guides below to get started with your pay monthly or pay as you go 4GEE WiFi device, tablet or SIM.
You can easily manage your 4GEE WiFi device through My EE.
- Tablets and devices
Helpful guides for your 4GEE WiFi device and tablet:
All other 4GEE WiFi devices
- Activating your new SIM
Your SIM will already be activated if you've:
- recently joined us
- moved your contract from Orange or T-Mobile
- been sent a replacement because your old one was lost, stolen, damaged or faulty
You will need to activate your SIM if you've:
- requested a replacement SIM card because your device needed a new size
- ordered one via the replacement online SIM order form
Activate pay as you go 4GEE WiFi
There's no need to activate your pay as you go 4GEE WiFi SIM. All you need to do is:
- insert the SIM into your 4GEE WiFi device
- connect to the browser - you can do this by connecting a laptop or tablet to your 4GEE WiFi or by turning on 4G on your device
- once connected you'll need to register your details by selecting Register
- once registered you'll be able to get online by selecting Activate
Order a replacement SIM
You can order a replacement SIM card if you have changed your device and it requires a new SIM via our online order form.
Still having problems?
Sometimes, to get data services up and running, you’ll need to turn your device off and on again after inserting your SIM.
- 4GEE network
- Lost or stolen device or tablet
If you've lost your 4GEE device or tablet, call us immediately:
- 07953 966 250 from the UK
- +44 7953 966 250 from abroad
Information on our cost of calling and our opening hours
Ways we can help
- if you're calling from a pay phone, we can call you back
- we can call a partner or parent for you, to explain the situation
- we can block your lost device so it will be unusable on our network. You can add a password in case you find it later
- we'll send you another SIM card. £10.21 will be taken from your balance or added to your bill to cover our costs for this
- we'll give you your phone's IMEI number for you to pass on to the police
You can also search in My Account for your most recently dialled numbers to support any claim you make.
Insurance and protection
- How to read & send texts on your device or tablet
From time to time you’ll receive text messages from EE with information about your account. If you’re on pay as you go and haven’t yet registered, you can register here now.
Where to find your text messages on your 4GEE Wifi Tablet or device
iPads with a 4GEE SIM
You can send iMessages and read text messages sent to your iPad in the Messages app. This only works on iPads using iOS 8 or later, so make sure you are using the latest software.
Android tablets with a 4GEE SIM
You can send and receive text messages through the Messages app on your Android tablet.
4GEE WiFi devices
Use Connection Manager to read and send text messages when you’re connected to your 4GEE WiFi device. Go straight to Connection Manager or type http://192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar and follow the instructions.
Billing for text messages on 4GEE WiFi contracts
Remember text messages are billed individually on 4GEE WiFi contracts as there’s no text message allowance on these tariffs.
For pricing, visit 4GEE WiFi price plans >