Bright Box router - update settings to Fibre using the Migration Wizard
You may need to change or refresh your Bright Box wireless router settings to Fibre if you're having connection problems with your Bright Box.
The steps below show you how using the migration wizard.
Connect your computer to your router
Log in to your router's admin pages
- Go to 192.168.1.1 (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on your router
- Select LOGIN
- Select BASIC
- Select the Migration Wizard from the menu on the left
- Select FIBRE/ETHERNET in the ...New Default Broadband Type menu and select APPLY
- Select OK to proceed
- The migration countdown will begin and you can close your browser
Check your broadband status
- When your router has restarted, you'll be redirected to the login screen
- Enter your router's username and password
- Click LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- After a few minutes, your Broadband Username will be updated from readytoconnect@fs to your account username.
- The Internet Status will display as Connected
This can take up-to 5 minutes - if you're still not connected, see our Fibre Broadband connection guide.