Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Bright Box router - change settings to Fibre using the Migration Wizard
You may need to use the Migration Wizard to update the broadband type if:
- You've already got a Bright Box router and are upgrading to Fibre Broadband
- You're checking settings and they don't appear to be correct
- You're having connection problems with your Bright Box
The steps below show you how.
Connect your computer to your router
Log in to your router's admin pages
- From a computer connected to your Bright Box router, go to 192.168.1.1 (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on the bottom of your router
- Select LOGIN
- Select BASIC
- Select the Migration Wizard from the menu on the left
- Select FIBRE/ETHERNET in the ...New Default Broadband Type menu and select APPLY
- Select OK to proceed
- The migration countdown will begin and you can close your browser
Check your broadband status
- When your router has restarted, you'll be redirected to the login screen
- Enter your router's username and password
- Click LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- After a few minutes, your Broadband Username will be updated from readytoconnect@fs to your account username.
- The Internet Status will display as Connected
This can take up-to 5 minutes - if you're still not connected, see our Fibre Broadband connection guide.