Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Bright Box router - change settings to Fibre using the Migration Wizard
You may need to use the Migration Wizard to update the broadband type if:
- You've already got a Bright Box router and are upgrading to Fibre Broadband
- You're checking settings and they don't appear to be correct
- You've been fiddling, and want to reset your Fibre Broadband settings (but not all your router settings)
The steps below show you how.
Connect your computer to your router
Log in to your router's admin pages
- From a computer connected to your Bright Box, go to 192.168.1.1
- The router's login screen will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin
- You'll find the password printed on a sticker on the bottom of the router next to admin password
- Click Login
- The Status page will open
- Select the basic set-up tab at the top of the screen
- Open the Migration Wizard on the left hand side
- Click the fibre / ethernet button
- Click OK
- Your new settings will be applied - you'll be asked to wait until your router has restarted
Check your Fibre Broadband status
- When your router has restarted, you'll be redirected to the login screen
- Enter your router's Username and Password
- Click Login
- The STATUS page will open
- After a few minutes, your Broadband Username will be updated from readytoconnect@fs to your account username.
- The Broadband Status and Internet Status will display as Connected
This can take up-to 5 minutes - if you're still not connected, see our Fibre Broadband connection guide.