Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Bright Box router - change wireless channel
From time to time, interference from other wireless networks near your home can result in connection problems. Not good. Changing the channel on your router can help fix the problem. This guide shows you how.
Your Bright Box router has a great feature called Intelligent Wireless. When you turn the router on, it looks for and uses the best WiFi channel it can find. This helps reduce problems caused by interference, giving you the best wireless connection.
You'll also find a button on the back of the router labelled WPS. Press this briefly and your router will check if it's using the best WiFi channel and swap if it isn't.
You can also change the channel yourself from your router's admin pages. To do this:
- From a computer connected to your Bright Box, go to 192.168.1.1
- The login screen will open
- Enter the router's login details
- The username is admin
- The password is printed on a sticker on the bottom of the router - you'll find it next to admin password
- Click Login
- The Status page will open
- Click on the Basic Set-Up tab and select Wireless Settings - this is in the left hand menu
- The Wireless Settings page will open
- In the Channel menu, select a new channel number - in the example below we chose channel 6
- Click Save Settings
- Your new settings will be applied
- Why not try a number of options to find the best channel for you
Perhaps avoid channel 12 or 13 as some devices don't always work well on these channels.