Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Livebox - check WiFi settings
If you're having problems with WiFi, it can help to check you're entering the correct security key, and using the right WiFi settings.
Don't forget button 1
Quick reminder - our Liveboxes use something called MAC filtering. Don't forget to press button 1 on the back of the Livebox before trying to connect.
Log in to the admin pages
All your wireless settings are found on the Livebox admin pages. To log in from a computer connected to your Livebox:
- Go to 192.168.1.1
- The Livebox Homepage will open
- Try connecting your computer with an Ethernet cable if the page doesn't open
- Click Access to the configuration pages...
- You'll be prompted to enter a username and password
- Enter the name admin
- Enter the password admin
- Click Log In
First, we'll check your wireless settings.
- Click Configuration - you'll find this in the left hand menu
- Click Advanced and then Wireless
- We recommend you select WPA security only - if this is the case, move to the next section
- If not select WPA security only and click Submit
- Click Apply the configuration now
- The configuration successful screen will be displayed - the Livebox will restart
- Once the Livebox has restarted, the exclamation light will stop flashing
Next, check the security key.
- Check the Livebox admin pages are still open - refresh the page to make sure
- Click Access to the configuration pages
- Enter the username and password again - remember this is admin and admin
- Open the Security menu
- Click Wireless Connection
- Your security key is displayed in the Security Key field
- Your security key is the same as a wireless password or wireless network key and is what you'll need to enter into your wireless software
- You might like to try copying the security key to your computer's clipboard - then, you can paste it into your wireless software
- Oh, and did we say, don't forget to press button 1 on the back of the Livebox!