Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Netgear router - change wireless channel
From time to time, interference from other wireless networks near your home can result in connection problems. Not good. Changing the channel on your router can help fix the problem. This guide shows you how.
- From a computer connected to your router, go to 192.168.0.1
- Enter the details below when asked to log in
- User name: admin
- Password: password
- The Netgear's admin pages will open
- If the router starts checking for new firmware, click Cancel
- Select Wireless Settings from the Setup menu
- From the Channel menu, you can select a new channel number
- Click Apply - the wireless channel will be updated
Why not try a number of options to find the best channel for you?