Orange.co.uk has closed, but don't worry, you can still get to your Orange email.
Here's some help with getting email on your Orange device.
Help signing in
If you're having problems signing in to your @fsmail.net or @orange.net email account, try the link below for help.
Click here> Lost or forgotten your password?
If you're having problems signing in to any of these: @wanadoo @freeserve @fsnet @fsbusiness @fsworld @fslife, click here> Lost or forgotten your password?
How to set up email on your phone
To set up Orange email on your phone, click here to sign up for an email account.
- Inclusive with Panther or Dolphin plans, or;
- £5 a month - Choose to have the first month free when you take an email bundle with a new talk plan
Pay as you go
- £1 a week - try it out, it's free for the first week.
A fair usage policy does apply. If you consistently go over this limit, we reserve the right to withdraw the service. This service won't work while you're abroad.
BlackBerry from Orange enables you to connect to the following types of internet-based email account:
- POP3/IMAP4 ISP email accounts (service availability will vary by ISP, and some may impose extra charges for POP3 access. Please check with them directly
- Yahoo!, AOL, MSN Hotmail, Wanadoo, BTOpenworld, etc
- Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino email accounts (where available - please check with your company's IT department)
Go to our devices help to read more information on setting up your BlackBerry device.
- BlackBerry can be added to any pay monthly plan - Unlimited push email and a 500MB monthly data bundle for an extra £5 a month. Choose to have the first month free when you take this bundle with a new talk plan.
Simply log in to your Orange account thorough My EE > your plan and upgrade options> manage your extras.
Pay as you go
- Add BlackBerry to your plan - for £5 a month you get push email and mobile internet access (fair usage policy applies)
- You need to have a minimum of £5 credit on your phone for the BlackBerry Internet Service to remain active.
Simply log in to your Orange account thorough My EE > top up and extras > buy an extra.
It's important to note that roaming charges are in addition to the monthly BlackBerry subscriptions. These will be charged at the standard data roaming rates. You will be charged as long as the settings are turned on, for more information on controlling these settings go to our devices help pages.
Email on Orange World
Open up Orange World on your phone, go to Tools > Read your email then select your email provider.
You can access your email using Orange World. You will be charged for what you download as mobile data. You can also access your email via Orange World while you're abroad, access is subject to coverage and phone compatibility.
There are various ways you can pay for your downloads:
- £1.50 capped rate, opt in so you never pay more than this a day
- £1 daily bundle, for anytime mobile internet access
- £5 monthly bundle, for 250 MB of anytime mobile internet access
- £7.50 per month for 500 MB of anytime mobile internet access
- £10 per month for unlimited* anytime mobile internet access
Pay as you go:
- £1 bundle, for all day mobile internet access
- £2 daily capped rate, so you never pay more than this a day
- £5 for a week of anytime mobile internet access
Simply log in to your Orange account thorough My EE > your plan and upgrade options > manage your extras
Bundles and daily bundles are subject to a fair usage policy. See terms >
Pausing and re-activating mobile mail
- Go to the Mobile Mail application on your phone
- Select menu or options
- Press pause, or resume to re-activate
Email password changes and mobile mail
If you've changed your email password, you'll need to update the Mobile Mail application.
To do this, just login again to Mobile Mail and enter your new password.
Mobile mail troubleshooting
If you pay as you go and have not had credit for over 28 days then the service will be terminated automatically.
To set the service up again text EMAIL to 247.
If you're having problems with the service, please check the following:
- You're using the latest version. See your options > check for upgrades to make sure.
- If Mobile Mail is not connected and/or all the email accounts are in Error state, you need to go into options, select pause and close then restart your phone. Once turned on, go back into options and select resume.
Email on Nokia
Keep in touch and up to date
If you pay monthly, you can receive email on your Nokia phone using Mail by Ovi. This service will already be set up on Nokia's newest phones.
Go to our devices help pages for information on setting up your Nokia device.
Email is included in some of our monthly price plans. If it's not in yours, mobile email can be easily added.
Unlimited push email is an extra £5 a month. You can also choose the first month free with our new talk plan offer.
Without an extra or plan, any Mail by Ovi data used will be taken from your internet browsing bundle or charged at standard out-of-bundle rates.
Pay as you go
Any Mail by Ovi data used will be taken from your internet browsing bundle or charged at standard out-of-bundle rates.
Roaming charges will be at the standard data roaming rates.
This service is controlled by you. To change whether you use it, or not, click settings > when to sync > sync whilst roaming from off to on.
Mobile mail abroad
You can still receive your email via Mobile Mail abroad but you'll need to change a setting in the application first. You'll be charged at international data rates, these can be much more expensive than the UK rates.
If you'd like to use the service abroad, and accept the charges, you can turn roaming on from the settings menu of the Mail application on your phone.
Corporate email accounts on mobile mail
If you are unsure how to set up your work email on your phone it's best to contact your IT Manager to get the correct web address, username and password because you'll need these when setting it up.
Need some help?
You can go to the EE Community or ask your question below to find a solutiuon.