Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Home Broadband settings
This guide will help if you're looking for your broadband internet settings. You'll find everything you need to set up your own router and log in to your account.
If you're looking for email settings, see our guide broadband email settings.
- Broadband internet username
Your broadband username will look similar to one of the examples below:
Tip: your Bright Box router is set up just for you, so in most cases you don't need to know your router's username. We'll automatically set it up after you've selected your parental control options.
Tip: If the username is readytoconnect@fs, follow our guide to set up your router.
- Internet password
If your username looks like yourname.nodename.co.uk@fs, you chose your password when first signing up for the service.
Remember, passwords are case sensitive.
If you've changed your password to access your account online, please continue to use your original password to connect to the Internet.
If your username looks like PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@fs, your password will look like HQNPASS123456.
Simply replace the numbers in the password, with the ones found in your username.
Don't worry - broadband usernames in this format can't be used to access your account online or email. They're simply used to connect your router to the internet.
- Advanced internet settings
Your IP address is allocated dynamically via DHCP.
We're unable to offer a static IP address.
Domain name service is dynamic.
If domain name server (DNS) addresses are required, use one of the primary and one of the secondary addresses from the list below:
HTTP proxy settings
- address: http://www-cache.orangehome.co.uk:8080
- port Number: 8080
- PPP over ATM for standard broadband
- PPP over Ethernet for fibre broadband
- Multi mode
MTU (maximum transmission unit)
In case of problems with a third party router, change MTU to 1492.
- Your account settings
Your account username
The username you'll need to access your account online is:
- your EE username, e.g. username
- your Orange (Wanadoo or Freeserve) email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or username, e.g. yourname.orangehome.co.uk
- your personal email address, if you entered this when logging into your account
Your account password
If you've forgotten your account or email password, you can reset it online.
- Go to the your account log in page.
- Click the forgotten your password link.
- Enter your broadband username, complete the security check and answer the security questions.
- You can then enter a new password.