When you receive a call, unless the number is in your contacts you don’t always know who's calling. EE Business Caller ID enhances your call experience by displaying the name of the business calling, providing trust and identity into who’s calling. Only businesses registered with our partner Hiya will be displayed including calls from EE .
Business Name in Caller ID
In this article
- Who can use EE Business Caller ID?
EE Business Caller ID is being deployed to EE/BT Mobile Pay Monthly and Pay as you Go Consumer plans.
- Will customers on a business plan benefit from the new service?
Only customers on a Consumer price plan will get EE Business Caller ID.
- When will the service go live?
The service is being rolled out across the network to all EE Mobile customers starting October 2023 and is expected to be completed in a few months.
- What do I need to use this feature?
All mobile handsets and some wearables will automatically display the business name - if available.
- Will there will be any changes to my bill?
EE Business Caller ID is available at no extra cost.
- Can I opt out of EE Business Caller ID?
This feature is being deployed across the EE network. All Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go subscribers will be protected by the service.
- My Business ID doesn't seem to be working?
- Which devices support this feature?
Any device that can display numbers or text can support this feature including some wearables.
Note: For Pixel 7 handset users only, when you receive a flagged call the experience is slightly different:
- If the screen is locked the number and caller name is displayed.
- If the screen is unlocked just the caller name is displayed.
- If the call is answered both number and the name is displayed.
- On the Pixel watch only the name is displayed.
- EE Business Caller ID and third-party apps
EE Business Caller ID doesn't currently screen calls received via third-party apps like WhatsApp, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- What if I have an app that already protects against spam calls?
Any existing nuisance call screening app will override the EE Business Caller ID service. However, you may see our EE Business Caller ID display a name briefly before seeing any name provided by the third-party app.
Do you have a Samsung device and have turned on Caller ID and spam protection in your dialler settings? When you receive a nuisance or fraud call you will first see a display name from EE Business Caller ID, followed by a display name from the native Samsung Caller ID and spam protection.
- How do businesses register their name with the service so it’s displayed?
- How do I report a number which I think has been incorrectly displayed?
- How do I block a number from calling my phone?
- Will EE Business Caller ID screen my calls if I’m roaming outside the UK?
Sorry. EE Business Caller ID doesn't work outside the UK.
- Can I still get scammed even if I have EE Business Caller ID?
Scammers change tactics from minute to minute, so no solution can guarantee to prevent 100% of unwanted calls.
EE Business Caller ID is a step change in protecting our customers, however, EE can accept no liability in the event of a customer being scammed.