- try pointing your remote directly at your EE TV box
- try moving closer to your EE TV
- check for obstructions between your remote and EE TV, for example a glass panel or cupboard
- turn off any electrical sources of interference as a test –devices in power-saving mode and neon lights can cause issues
- when you press the power button, check the LED on your remote flickers – if not, try replacing your batteries
Check your EE TV isn't in eco mode (deep sleep)
To help save energy your EE TV has an eco mode. When you're not using your box, it goes into a deep sleep, and the light on the front turns off. To wake it up, press Standby on your remote control and wait. After a minute or so, your EE TV should come back to life.
Eco mode might also cause problems if you use our EE TV app as a remote control. You'll need to wake it up before you can use the app as a remote control, watch Live TV or Recordings and Replay content.
To stop your EE TV box going into eco mode, go to MENU > TOOLS & HELP > MULTI SCREEN and check the EE TV app user box.
Try rebooting your EE TV and TV set
Rebooting your EE TV and TV set fixes many problems.
- unplug your EE TV box and TV set
- wait 30 seconds
- plug them back in and wait for them to restart
- try using your remote again
Reset EE TV
Broken or lost your EE TV remote control?