Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Moving home with EE broadband
Moving home can be a stressful and expensive time. Moving your EE broadband and Home Phone to your new home couldn't be EEasier. And we won't charge you a penny.
- We will set up broadband and Home Phone in your new home for FREE. Our competitors may charge you to set up a new telephone line in your new home (some charge up to £130).
- No need to call BT to set up a phone line. Just one call to EE and we can sort everything out for you.
- We won't tie you in to a new contract and if you move with us you will avoid potential early termination charges
- If you give us enough notice (at least 20 days) we can make sure your broadband and Home Phone is up and running at your new address on your home move date.
- Our dedicated Home Move team will keep you updated via texts and email on the progress of your home move.
- If you are not moving too far away, you may be able to keep your old telephone number. We'll confirm whether that's possible when you call us.
Simply call us on 0800 079 8586, or complete our online Moving Home form to place your Home Move order today.
And don't forget all the other great benefits of being an EE broadband and Home Phone customer:
- The best value home broadband for existing EE mobile customers
- A year's subscription to Norton 360 to keep your broadband speedy and safe for a year. This subscription is worth £59.99, plus you get a half-price discount on the second year.
- 0845 and 0870 numbers included at no extra charge
- Free voicemail and caller ID
- Inclusive mobile and international minutes
Home Move - some of your questions answered
How can I book my EE Home Move?
Simply call us on 0844 873 8586, or complete our online Moving Home form to place your Home Move order today.
What do I need to place a Home Move order?
Before we can place an order for services at your new property we'll need a few details from you:
- Your current landline number or address
- The full address and postcode of your new home
- Your moving date
Do I need to call BT to set up a phone line in my new home?
No. There's no need to call BT. Just one call to EE and we will organise both the telephone line and broadband at your new home.
Is there any charge to move home with EE?
No, there is no charge for moving your EE broadband service to your new home. And if you require an engineer visit to set up a phone line at your new home, we'll organise this for you, free of charge. You may be charged up to £130 by our competitors for this service.
If I move home with EE do I need to sign a new contract?
No, we won't tie you into a new contract if you have a change of address.
How much notice do I need to give for the move?
It usually takes up to 4 weeks to organise, but can take longer especially if we need to send an engineer out to set up the phone line. So it's best to arrange as early as possible, so we can make sure you're all up and running when you move into your new home.
Can I move all my EE products to my new home?
We'll do our best to provide all your EE products at your new home. This does depend on the availability of broadband and Fibre Broadband in the area you are moving to. Call 0844 873 8586* to check availability at your new home.
What happens once I've ordered?
We'll keep you up to date with the progress of your orders by text message or e-mail. We'll also send you a Welcome Pack for your new home.
What time will my service go live?
If an engineer is installing Fibre Broadband, you can pick a morning or afternoon time slot. Our standard broadband service could go live at any time on go live day. It's rare, but this could be as late as midnight.
What if my moving date changes?
We appreciate that moving home does not always go as planned. If you find that your dates change please call 0844 873 8586* to let us know.
Can I keep my phone number when I move?
If you're moving within the same telephone exchange area it may be possible for you to keep your current phone number - we'll let you know when you start your home move if you need a new number.
Do I need to bring anything with me to my new home?
Simply bring your wireless router (and any broadband filters) with you to your new home. Set it up the day your service goes live, and watch the Broadband and Internet lights to see when your service is live.
If you've lost your set up guide, see our Broadband set up guide.