Return a product within 14 days
This information is for customers who:
- are within the first 14 days of purchasing a product or service
- have signed up for a minimum term contract
- purchased a product online or by phoning our sale agents
Please note: If purchased from a third party company, please contact them directly to arrange a return.
- An EE retail store
We do not offer a change of mind policy in stores, however, if you’re a new or upgraded customer and are experiencing coverage issues or our coverage does not meet your expectation, you can return within first 14 days of entering into a contract. You can only make one return within this time. Use our EE store finder.
Please note: This does not include the purchase of:
- EE home broadband
- Any extra services added to your account after you join or upgrade
- Insurance services (where separate insurance terms will apply)
If you'd like more information on home broadband returns read our full retail returns policy.
What you'll need to bring
Please return the following to store:
- Your original receipt
- Any equipment you bought from us. This will need to be returned in As new condition and with the original packaging (including any inbox accessories
Our retail advisors will support you through your return or exchange request and answer any additional queries you may have.
Things to know about returning to store
Provided your return meets the points above we'll refund you what you originally paid us. Any further queries about your refund will be clearly explained by our retail advisors in store.
Charges will apply if you still have a remaining minimum term contract with us. You will have to pay your line rental and charges for any services used before returning your device to us.
All refunds and charges will be shown on your final bill.
Any further queries about charges and payments will be clearly explained by our retail advisors in store.
You will be issued with a returns receipt for confirmation of return of your handset and cancellation of any agreement
Retail returns terms and conditions
Read our full retail returns policy which includes more information on broadband returns.
- Online or over the phone
You'll have 14 days from when you receive your mobile, dongle, tablet or other equipment to tell us that you've changed your mind.
Return contact details
Please contact our channel returns team who’ll need information about the product you wish to return. They’re open Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.
- please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, you’ll be sent a returns form to fill in the relevant details and return
Once your form has been received and processed our cancellations team will get in touch with you to advise you on how to return the equipment and next steps.
- Call 0800 079 0103 if your return is for a mobile plan
- Call 0844 873 8586 or 0800 079 8586 if your return is for a home broadband plan
Please ensure you have the product details with you when you call.
Print out and fill in our cancellation form and post back to us at:
If you’re a mobile customer post the form back to:
Channel Returns, Mercia House, Senhouse Road, Darlington DL1 4YB
If you’re a broadband customer post form back to:
EE Broadband Customer Care, PO Box 486, Rotherham, S63 5ZX
What happens next?
Once you’ve contacted us to confirm that you would like to cancel and return your order, we’ll send you a pre-addressed silver special delivery bag. These are used as they provide tracking and insurance to you which offers protection against loss and damage.
Please make sure you follow the instructions below to ensure the return is processed as quickly as possible.
- Once you’ve received your silver bag, you must send your equipment back to us within 30 days
- If you are returning a new unused item please do not open the box prior to sending back and return sealed
- Please make sure that you disable any theft/loss protection apps on your device before sending (e.g. Find My Phone – visit www.ee.co.uk/findmyphone for details)
- Ensure all items are returned, including in-box accessories and free promotional items and that there is no damage or you may be charged
You are responsible for the postage cost of return so please keep proof of posting.
Once we have received both your cancellation request and we’ve received any equipment you need to return, we will refund you within 14 days, using the payment method you originally used.
Refunds will include the following;
- Any deposit or upfront payments made at the point of sale. (we may make deductions from your refund for any loss in the value of the returned equipment)
- The standard delivery charge you paid to us, if you have paid for a premium delivery service you will still receive a refund for the amount of a standard delivery
Charges you may receive
If you bought a pay monthly plan a final bill will be produced and sent to you via post, you will be charged for any usage used before returning to us.
What happens next?
Your account will now be closed. If you’re returning an upgrade, you’ll go back onto your previous plan and device. If you upgraded before the end of your previous plan’s minimum term contact this will continue to be billed.
EE returns department opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Find opening hours for EE customer services.
- Calls to our returns department 0800 079 0103 - free from an EE or T-Mobile phone, or check with your provider for costs
- Calls to 0844 873 8586 - please check your price plan
- Calls to 0800 079 8586 - free at any time
- Calls from any phone - please contact your telephone provider for costs
- Calls outside of standard hours - 50p per call