Starting your claim
If you need to make a claim, we want you to do so in a way that suits you.
You can make a damage claim online through your EE account, 24/7.
If you would prefer to talk to us, call us on 150 from your EE phone or 07953966250 from any other phone, and we'll do the rest.
We cannot process claims in store, but if you are struggling to reach us, pop into a store and ask an advisor for help.
If your device is damaged and you have Full Cover or Damage Cover wth AppleCare Services, your device may be eligible for repair at an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider. This will be assessed at the point of claim.
If your device has been lost or stolen, you must ring us. Please do so as soon as possible to limit the time you are without your device and limit potential unauthorised use, which is not covered.
If you are abroad at the time of the incident, please note we can only replace your device when you return home to the UK.
What do I need to make an insurance claim?
Before you claim, you need to do the following:
- check the device you are claiming for is insured on your policy – you can do this by checking your EE account, your welcome pack or speaking to an advisor. You will only be able to claim on the device you have insured
- check the excess you will need to pay for a successful claim
- make sure you have your IMEI* number to hand. You can find your IMEI:
- by dialling *#06# into your device – this will display it
- by checking the settings of the device
- on the back of the device, on the SIM card tray or on the original box
- If you cannot find your IMEI we can help you find it. Call us on 150 from your EE phone, or 07953 966 250 from any other phone for help
- if you are making a claim because your device was stolen, you will need a Crime Reference Number (CRN). If the theft happened abroad, you will need to report it to the local police
Full Cover and Full Cover with AppleCare Services has a claim limit of two successful loss or theft claims in a 12-month period that begins with the first successful claim. There is no limit to the number of damage claims you can make, as long as the insurance remains on your account.
Your replacement device will be of the same or similar specification, but it may be a different make, model, colour and/or have an alternative operating system. If you have Full Cover or Damage Cover with AppleCare Services the device will always be in an Apple iOS operating system.
It will come from refurbished stock that has been tested and is fully functional. It will come either with the remaining period of the manufacturer's warranty from the original device, or with a 30-day warranty from EE - whichever is longer. If you have Full Cover or Damage Cover with AppleCare Services you will be covered for breakdown for the duration of your policy, following expiry of manufacturer's warranty.
What happens after I make an insurance claim?
After making a damage claim - Doorstep exchange
We will collect your damaged device and deliver your replacement at the same time. You must be ready with the device when the courier arrives; they are not able to wait for you to prepare it for the swap and once they’ve left the address, they can’t return for any reason. If you miss a swap, we may apply a charge to your Service Plan bill.
To prepare your device for the swap, you must:
- remove your SIM card and any external memory cards
- remove accessories, such as cases or screen protectors
- if possible, back up any contacts and other personal data
- disable any security features, pins or locks which stop us from accessing your device
- if you have an Apple device, you must also make sure it has been unlinked from your iCloud account and Find My is turned off
We also recommend you restore the device back to its factory settings if possible. This is to protect your device and personal information.
Repairs at Apple Stores or Apple Authorised Service Providers (Full or Damage Cover with AppleCare Services only)
If your claim is successful and we have identified that your device could potentially be repaired, we will send you a confirmation with a link where you can book a repair at an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider, which includes selected EE stores. You must have had your claim accepted before going into a store for damage repairs.
If you have already made a claim and has been successful:
- Book an appointment at an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider or mail in repair
- Book an appointment at selects EE Stores
After making a lost or stolen claim
We will deliver your replacement device. Please make sure you are ready to receive your device when your courier arrives. They will also deliver a replacement SIM with your replacement device so you can get back to using it straight away.
If, you or the police recover your device after you make a claim, it becomes property of the insurer and you will need to return it to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile and an advisor will arrange to send you a bag to return the device securely.
What happens to my old device?
Your old device will be made secure, any information still left on the device will be erased and it will be repaired to manufacture specification, then recycled.