Unlock your iPhone or iPad
- check you have the latest software installed – go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for the latest version
- remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card
- complete the set-up process
If you don't have another SIM card you can use please follow the process below:
- back up your iPhone
- go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase iPhone and delete all data
- follow the set-up as a brand new iPhone
- complete the set-up assistant and restore your back-up
Please ensure the SIM card is activated on the network.
You might see this message:
"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."
If so, just follow these steps:
- restore your iPhone
- check your device is unlocked
Please note: if you've 'jailbroken' your iPhone or iPad, this may damage the device and we can’t be held responsible for any errors that may occur.