Change my home broadband account holder name

Whatever the reason you want to change the name on your account, we can help.

How do I change the name on my account?

If you've changed your name (e.g. you’re getting married or separated) you'll need to send us a copy of the certificate showing your change of name. We'll also need:

  • your current name
  • your home address
  • your landline number or account number

How do I transfer my account to someone else?

To transfer the account holder name on a broadband account, give us a call when both you and the new account holder are together. We'll be happy to help.

If you're transferring the account to keep the same discounted price on a broadband package (e.g. linked to a mobile phone account), you'll also need to transfer the mobile phone account into the new name.

How do I close the account of someone who’s died?

If you're dealing with a bereavement, sorting out the broadband account should be the least of your worries so we'll keep it simple:

To close the account call us on 07973 100 150. You’ll need these details:

  • the deceased's full name and address
  • the landline telephone number the account is registered to
  • the account email address or account name (if known)

If you then want to transfer the account to a new name, we’ll also need:

  • the new account holder’s name
  • their email address
  • their telephone number
  • and their payment details

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!
Sorry about that! Why didn’t this article help you?