Pair your EE TV remote with Apple TV 4K
- Remove the battery pull tab.
- Move the remote within 3 to 4 inches (8 to 10 cm) of your Apple TV.
- Press any button.
- If Apple TV does not respond, press and hold MENU and + for 5 seconds to place the remote into pairing mode.
When you’ve paired your remote, a message appears on Apple TV.
Use an iPhone or wireless game controller as your Apple TV remote control
Tips for using the EE TV remote with Apple TV 4K
- While watching live TV, double press the Guide button on your remote to see the on-screen keypad. Doing this on BBC channels will bring up iPlayer options and red-button content.
- Hold down the scroll wheel while you are using the guide to move through it more quickly.
- Press Channel up or down while using the guide to jump a whole section.
- To go back a step, use the 'Menu' button on your remote.
- To force close apps on you Apple TV, double tap the TV button, and then double tap up on the wheel.
Remote won't change the volume
- Hold your remote 3 or 4 inches from the Apple TV box.
- Press and hold both the 'Menu' and 'Volume up' buttons for 5 seconds.
- You may see a message to place your remote on top of the Apple TV box to finish pairing.