MAC Filtering is a great way to make a WiFi connection more secure. All WiFi devices have a MAC address and MAC address filtering means you have to manually add the MAC of a new device into the router to enable it to connect.
- Connect the router to your computer via a USB cable or the WiFi connection
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, enter http://192.168.1.1/, then press Enter
- Click LOG IN HERE to access settings
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In
- Click WLAN
- Click WLAN MAC Filter
- Click the WLAN MAC Filter dropdown
- Select the desired filter mode (e.g. Allow)
- Click on an empty MAC Address field
- Enter the MAC address of the device you want to add
- To remove a device from the MAC filtering list, delete the required address from the MAC Address field
- Click Apply
MAC filtering has now been enabled or disabled.