Find out how to enable or disable SIP ALG on your router.
SIP ALG is intended to prevent some problems caused by router firewalls by inspecting and, if necessary, modifying incoming data traffic. In some cases, these modifications can change incoming data packets in unexpected ways and can cause issues such as devices not registering with the router.
- Connect the router to your computer via a USB cable or the WiFi connection
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, enter http://192.168.1.1/, then press Enter
- Click LOG IN HERE to access settings
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In
- Click Security
- Click SIP ALG Settings
- Tick or untick the Enable SIP ALG tickbox
- Click Apply
SIP ALG has now been enabled or disabled.