The Smart Hub allows you to tune your wireless features to give you the best performance with all your wireless devices. Your Smart Hub is automatically set to Mode 1.
- Mode 1: Gives you the fullest featured wireless, maximising speed and range.
- Mode 2: Some devices can sometimes struggle to use the latest wireless features. Selecting this mode may reduce the wireless range and throughput but improve connectivity.
- Mode 3: Change to this mode if your wireless devices don’t perform well using mode 1 or 2. It will reduce the latest features as well as wireless range and throughput compared to Mode 1 and 2, but will enable the broadest range of devices to operate on the wireless. Features that are reduced include: power saving, data speed.
|| g/n and a/n/ac
|| b/n/g and a/n
|| b/g and a
To change your wireless mode:
- Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. This will open the Hub manager
- Choose Advanced Settings > Wireless
- Enter your admin password. Unless you've previously changed it, it’s on the settings card on the back of your Hub. If you’ve changed it already, you can use password override to set up a new password without losing all your personal Hub settings and configuration
- By default your Smart Hub will be in Mode 1. To change mode click on the Mode box and select the mode you want to use
- Choose Set, then Save
After changing the configuration settings, devices connected to your Smart Hub may lose connection. For devices connected via wireless you may lose access to the Hub Manager pages. You'll need to reconnect using the instructions provided with each device.