You’ll need the Hub Manager admin password to change your settings and to view advanced settings information. It’s on the ‘Pull out for useful info’ slide plate on the back of your Hub (and again on the label on the back of the Hub, in case you lose the slide plate).
How to change your admin password on your EE Smart Hub
If you don’t want to use the default admin password on the Hub, you can change it:
- Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar – this will open the Hub Manager.
- Go to Advanced Settings > System
- Enter your admin password. Unless you've previously changed it, it’s on the settings card on the back of your Hub. If you’ve changed it already, you can use password override to set up a new password without losing all your personal Hub settings and configuration.
- Enter your current password first, then enter your new password twice.
- You can also enter a password hint (e.g. My first pet's name) to remind you.
- Choose Save.
- You may be prompted that your chosen password isn’t as secure as it could be. Once you’ve chosen your password, press Accept.
How to reset your admin password on your EE Smart Hub if you've forgotten it
If you’ve forgotten your admin password you can use password override to set up a new one:
- Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.
- Press and hold the Wireless WPS button until the light on the front of your EE Smart Hub flashes blue – it’ll flash for two minutes, giving you time to enter the details.
- The default wireless key and admin password is on the slide-out plate on the back of your Hub.
- Choose Save. The power light will return to steady aqua.