Sometimes a device will not be faulty but it doesn't work properly because:
- it needs a software update; or
- software has not been installed correctly; or
- your device settings are affecting battery life.
If you think your device isn't working properly, there are a few things that you can do at home to fix the problem, such as:
- turn the device off and on again;
- reinstall any software update/the latest software update;
- do a hard reset – the instructions that came with your device will tell you how to do this;
- turn off battery draining features such as Bluetooth and GPS; and
- adjust the settings in some of your apps.
If taking these steps doesn't improve your experience, your device could have an inherent fault. If it does, and depending on when you tell us about the issue, you’ll be entitled to a repair, a replacement device or you may be able to cancel your contract with us. Find more information on your legal rights >
Please also see below for more information on the steps we’ll take to fix your issues. If your device has been physically damaged through careless handling or because it has been dropped, there are still options available to you.