Account support for vulnerable customers

If you need additional support because of a disability or impairment, or are in a vulnerable situation, we offer a range of services to help you manage your EE account.

Register your needs

To ensure we can tailor our service to you and your situation, please share your needs with us.

We'll make a note of your needs on your account, so our advisors will be aware of them whenever you get in touch.

Contact us

Alternative bill and other communication formats

We can provide your bill and all other EE literature in the following formats, free of charge:

  • standard paper bill
  • large print - Arial, font size 18
  • Braille - UEB (Unified English Braille), grade 2
  • audio CD

To request your bill in one of these formats, contact us. Please also get in touch if you need something not on this list, like a different font size, coloured paper or text, or Grade 1 Braille.

Nominate someone you trust to help with your account

You can nominate a friend, family member or carer to act as an authorised user to look after your account.

All you have to do is set a password and give it to them and they’ll be able to help you with most things.

They’ll have near full access to your account, but for certain actions like changing ownership, closing the account or setting up a payment plan, they’ll need a power of attorney.

Power of attorney

A power of attorney is a legal document that allows a designated person to make decisions for you, or act on your behalf.

For advice on registering a power of attorney with us, please contact us.

Changing your account following diagnosis of an illness or disability

If you’re diagnosed with an illness or disability which you believe will impact your ability to use or pay for your service in any way, please let us know.

We’ll need a written copy of your diagnosis on letter-headed paper, from either a doctor, NHS professional, solicitor or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

You can send this to us in one of two ways:

By email

Scan and email the relevant document and a covering letter to, using the email subject ‘Care Helpdesk’.

By post

Please send the relevant document and a covering letter to:

Care Helpdesk
6 Camberwell Way
Doxford Technology Park

Help with a bereavement

If you want to tell us about a bereavement, you'll need to give us:

  • the account holder's name and their account number
  • a phone number to contact you on

You can either:

  • disconnect their broadband line or phone number and close their account
  • transfer the connection or number to someone else

To notify us of a bereavement:

Call barring

Call barring allows you to block incoming, outgoing and international calls from your mobile whether you’re at home or abroad. This way you don’t have to worry about unsuitable calls being made or received on your phone.

Find out more about call barring

Not sure how to turn call barring on and off on your mobile phone? Check the device-specific instructions in our device guides.

Priority fault repair

If you rely on your service to keep in touch with carers and health professionals, you may qualify for one of our free priority fault repair schemes.

Mobile customers

You may be eligible for our priority mobile repair scheme if:

  • you've registered your disability with us and you're reliant on your mobile phone
  • your mobile is under warranty and has developed a fault

We’ll aim to fix the fault and return your phone to you within 7 days once received, instead of the standard 14-day service.

Broadband customers

Priority broadband repair is available if you have broadband with EE and your household includes someone at risk. You can apply if you or someone in your household is:

  • classed as disabled under the Equality Act 2010. You're considered disabled under this act if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal everyday activities
  • incapacitated and therefore housebound, due to a chronic long-term illness or disability which prevents you from leaving the house without the assistance of another person
  • a severely sick child

To let us know if you qualify for the scheme, please get in touch.

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!
Sorry about that! Why didn’t this article help you?