What is Chromecasting?
Chromecasting is a simple way of streaming content on your TV from your laptop, tablet or mobile.
The Chromecast device itself is a streaming ‘dongle’ produced by Google, which can be plugged into your TV's HDMI port.
Setting up Chromecast
If you’ve never used your Chromecast device before, you’ll need to set it up according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Casting from the EE TV App
- Firstly, make sure your TV is tuned to the same HDMI channel your Chromecast device is connected to
- Check your Chromecast device, and the device you’re casting from, are connected to the same WiFi network
- Select the Chromecast icon in the right-hand corner of your EE TV App
- You’ll see a list of Chromecast devices that are being detected on your WiFi network. Select the one you want to connect to
- When your device is connected, the Chromecast icon will turn white
- You can start casting either before you start watching or whilst you’re watching a programme
- When you’re casting, you’ll see a 'mini-controller' at the bottom of your casting device that will allow you to fast-forward, rewind and control volume where needed.