PIN help on EE TV
There are two types of PIN (Personal Identification Number) for EE TV:
- A payment PIN for authorising payments
- A parental control PIN for keeping your kids safe by restricting access to adult content
You can create these when you first set up your EE TV box.
Your payment PIN can be used to:
- buy TNT Sports Box Office or Sky Sports Box Office events on EE TV
- authorise purchases from the EE TV Player
Apple TV 4K box payment PIN change
The payment PIN updates on all TV boxes if you change it on the TV Box Mini, but does not update on all if you change it on the Apple TV box.
Resetting your payment PIN online
If you've set up your EE TV ID you can use our help tool to reset your PIN online.
- Select Reset my payment PIN
- If you’re not already logged in, you'll be asked to log in to your account
- Select Reset my payment PIN again
- Re-enter your password for security
- Enter a new PIN
Reset your payment PIN in the EE TV app
- In the bottom right corner select My TV
- Select Reset my Payment PIN
- Enter your password
- Enter your new PIN
About your Parental Controls PIN
This PIN is for restricting access to content that isn't suitable for children. You can apply it to:
- age ratings
- programmes shown after the 9pm 'watershed' which might be unsuitable for children
- programmes with no age rating attached
Using your Parental Controls PIN
Just press the Home button on your EE TV remote and choose Settings > Parental Controls > Restrict Age Rated Programmes.
For some On Demand programmes, you may need to enter your payment PIN to confirm payment before watching. If this happens, you may not need to enter the parental control PIN, even when parental controls are switched on. This is because we'll verify your right to play the selected programme using your payment PIN.
Forgotten your parental control PIN?
If you don’t know your PIN, the chances are it’s just the default, which is 1234.
When entering a new PIN you’ll be asked to set a security question which will be used for future PIN resets.
If you can’t remember your parental control PIN, you'll be asked to enter the security question answer. If you can’t remember this, the only way to change the PIN is by 'Factory Resetting' your EE TV box:
- Go to the main menu by pressing the blue Home button on your remote
- Scroll to Settings
- In the Settings menu, scroll down to Information & Reset and select Factory Reset from the list
- You'll now see a warning screen. Remember, performing a factory reset means all your recordings and personal data will be deleted
- If you want to continue, just enter the numbers shown on the screen using your remote. The factory reset will take a few minutes
- Once done, you'll see the first-time set up screens. Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset
How to change your Parental Controls PIN
- From the Home button, go to Settings > Parental Controls > Change Parental Control PIN
- Enter your original PIN. If you’ve never set one up, this will be 1234
- You’ll then be able to set a new PIN
Your NOW viewing PIN
NOW has a mandatory daytime viewing PIN to meet government legislation around broadcasting age-restricted content during daytime hours (before 21:00).
You might be asked for this PIN when watching any of the live Sky Cinema or Entertainment channels between 5.30am and 10pm, depending on the movie or show you’re watching.
The NOW viewing PIN is separate from your EE TV Parental Controls PIN. You can find out how to change your NOW viewing PIN, how to create a new one if you forget it and how to set age restrictions on the NOW website.