This is available for the TV Box Pro and TV Box Mini. TV picture quality relies on your broadband speed. You must have a Smart Hub within 5 metres of your TV box if connecting via WiFi.
- the TV Box Pro allows 2 recordings at the same time
- the most popular free-to-air channels are available. Find out more on our free-to-air channel guide page
Skipping ITV adverts in Internet Mode
When you watch live and recorded ITV shows in internet mode you can no longer skip the adverts, just like the ITVX app. You’ll still be able to pause, fast forward and rewind ITV shows, but you won't be able to fast forward though the adverts. An ITVX Premium subscription is ad-free for on demand content, but it won't let you skip adverts on live TV or recordings.
This is the recommended option for customers with broadband speeds of less than 22 Mbps. To find out how to test your broadband speed visit our Broadband speed help pages.
With aerial mode, picture quality relies on the strength of the signal coming through the aerial. You must have a working aerial. If you need help to order and install an aerial visit our EE TV aerial help pages.
- allows up to 4 recordings at the same time
- access to the full selection of Freeview channels available at your address
How to switch between modes
Switching requires a reset which will delete your existing recordings and log you out of all of your apps.
If you're switching to aerial mode, plug in your aerial. If you're switching to internet mode, unplug your aerial.
To go ahead with the switch:
- Go to the main menu by pressing the Home button on your remote
- Select Settings
- Go to Information and Reset, then select Factory Reset
- You will see a warning that your recordings and information will be deleted
- If you wish to continue, enter the numbers shown on screen, using your remote
- Follow the set up process. When prompted to select the TV Channels Mode, choose either Stream TV Channels from the internet or Stream TV Channels from an Aerial