How we can help you
If you have trouble with dexterity or have mobility restrictions, we’re here to give you all the extra support you may need.
We can help you choose the right phone and plan, and get you set up to make the most of your device.
And once you're an EE customer, we’ll make sure you’re supported to make life that bit easier.
Choosing the right phone for you
We can make sure the phone you choose has the features that are important to you. Here are some of the helpful phone features you may want to consider when you’re choosing a new phone:
- if you find it difficult to handle a phone, or to operate the keys, you may prefer one with larger buttons or a touch screen
- a rubber case can make the phone easier to grip and can provide extra protection if it's dropped
- voice dialling - means you don't have to use your fingers to dial
- voice-controlled personal assistants - give you access to the internet through your voice rather than through your fingers
And GARI - the Global Accessibility Reporting Initiative - has info to help people with a dexterity and mobility impairments which may help you find the best device for your own needs.
You can choose to learn about phones, tablets, apps, wearable technology like watches and smart TVs.
You should remember that not all the devices listed on the GARI website are available on EE. Go to the EE Shop for our full current range of devices.
Choosing the right EE plan
Choose from pay monthly, pay as you go and SIM only. We have something to suit everyone. Many of our plans come with unlimited minutes – meaning you’ll always be connected. To get started:
- call 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other phone
- go into one of our stores, or
- check out EE's online shop
Services with EE
Here's how you can make sure you get the most out of EE.
Help with your account
Nominate a friend or family member to act as an authorised user to look after your account. All you need to do is set a password, and they'll be able to access your details securely.
Free directory enquiries
A free directory enquiries service (195) is available to customers who find it difficult to use a phone book. It's a very straightforward service: call 195 from your EE phone to register.
If you use our 195 service to get a phone number the operator can also connect any standard call for you for free.
Customer service tailored to your needs
As soon as we know about your dexterity impairment, we can make sure we tailor our customer service to your needs. Fill out this confidential form and we'll do the rest.