Charges from other companies on your bill

If you see a charge on your bill with a 5, 7 or 9 digit billing code known as a short code or Service ID, it is normally for a third party premium rate service that is not provided by EE. You will see the short code or Service ID on your EE/Orange/T-Mobile bill, but the content and pricing are decided by another company.

Examples of these premium rate services are:

  • Music, games or ringtones
  • 'Alerts' for services such as news updates, horoscopes, or share prices
  • Competition entries
  • Charity donations
  • Voting on television shows

Sometimes the charge is a one-off and will only appear on your bill once (e.g. a donation to a charity or a charge for a single vote for a contestant on X-Factor). Other times it may be for a subscription-based service (e.g. your daily horoscope or a download club), which can be charged in one of two ways:

  • A charge for each alert received
  • A set fee charged on a regular basis for receiving multiple alerts

If you need to know more information about the service you have been charged for, or need to know the details of the company providing the service, enter the number than appears on your bill here.

If you are receiving alerts because you have joined a subscription service and are being charged on a regular basis you can unsubscribe from that service by sending an SMS containing the word 'STOP' to the  short code number that has been billing you. It can take up to 48 hours for the messages to stop coming through, but if you continue to receive messages after this time you may be subscribed to more than one service on the same short code. Sending ‘STOP ALL’ should stop all messages from that short code, but again it could take one or two days for them to stop. Please click here to find out the number that you need to send your SMS to.

Because these premium rate services are not provided by EE, you will need to contact the company responsible for the service directly if you have any queries, including any questions about billing or charges. Should you wish to make a formal complaint about a premium rate service provided by a company other than EE, please contact the Phone-paid Services Authority who regulate premium rate services on behalf of Ofcom.

Was this article helpful?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you, now you can press any tab to choose why this article is not helpful.

Your response was sent. Thank you.

Getting the most from EE

Services and offers we have for you