Home Broadband CPI Plus

In this article

CPI (Consumer Price Index), plus an additional 3.9%, will impact all EE Home contracts.

What is CPI+3.9%?

What is CPI+3.9%?

CPI+3.9% is the Consumer Price Index (CPI) plus 3.9%. CPI is a measure of the rate of inflation – this is the change in prices for goods and services over time. It is based on household spending in the National Accounts.

A new rate is published every month. We're using the December 2021 figure published in January 2022 - this rate is 5.4% for CPI. This, plus the additional 3.9%, totals a 9.3% increase to your plan. 

> Find out more about CPI from the Office of National Statistics

Moving to new CPI+3.9% terms

If we’ve given you notice in your price rise communication that you’re moving to new terms, you can find the new terms here

CPI+3.9% calculator

CPI+3.9% calculator

If you’d like to work out the estimated increase to your home broadband plan, use our handy price calculator. 

Your estimated new monthly plan price will be

With VAT:

Without VAT:



How have you calculated the increases on my plan?

We’ve used the rate relevant to your terms (you’ll see this in the notification from us). The change is calculated by adding this % to the price of your plan. 

The change to the price you pay for your plan(s) will take account of any discounts you get. A higher price increase may be incurred if your discounts expire and your monthly price goes up before the increase is applied. Your price plan charge is made up of the base price and discounts. Check your latest bill for more information on your price plan.  

Your add-ons and out-of-bundle charges will be also increasing in line with the CPI rate of inflation, plus 3.9%. 

Why are you increasing my prices by more than inflation?

Our costs are increasing just as they are for customers. But we still need to continue investing in our network to bring you the best experience. At EE we’re dedicated to finding new ways to make your experience better than ever. That's why we're bringing EE Full Fibre, cutting-edge broadband that can handle anything with blistering speeds of up to 900Mbps, to more people than ever. It has the strength to connect 100 devices at once with consistent speeds that remain rock solid even at peak times. 

We’re investing in customer service too, across our 575 stores and UK and Ireland call centres. We also believe that making tomorrow better for everyone is important. That’s why we use 100% renewable electricity to power our network and stores. We’ll continue this investment to make sure your experience is the best it can be. 

Where can I find help with my bill?

> Help if you can't pay your bill 

> How can I reduce my bills and manage my spending? 

What is an add-on?

Add-ons give you access to additional services at better value than standard rates. Examples of add-ons are the additional call packages. Some of our home broadband add-on charges will be increasing in line with the new CPI+3.9% rate.

What is an out-of-bundle charge?

If you go outside of your allocated home broadband call allowance (if you have one), or your selected calling add-on minutes, you'll be charged at our standard rates. These are out-of-bundle charges. Some of these will be increasing in line with CPI+3.9% rates.

Which calls from the UK to the EU are changing?
Calls to EU countries from the UK will be increasing by CPI rate of inflation, plus an additional 3.9%. Please visit the price guide for more details: EE pay monthly standard and non-standard - 16 December 2021

How can I find the new price of my plan? 
If you’d like to work out the increase to any of the plans on your account, you can use our handy price calculator. You can also use this to calculate any increases to your impacted add-ons or out-of-bundle charges. Your price plan charge is made up of the base price and discounts. Check your latest bill for more information on your price plan.  

When does this change happen?
The increase to your monthly price plan(s), add-ons, out-of-bundle charges and calls to EU countries will appear on your first bill on or after 31 March 2022. 

What are the Ofcom term changes? 

On 1 June 2022 we’re updating the standard terms and conditions which apply to all EE products and services. This is to reflect new Ofcom regulations which give some additional consumer protections. Find out more about the European Electronic Communications Code (EECC)




Thanks for your feedback