Access control on the Bright Box router helps you to control what your internet connection is used for by people connected to your home network. Rules can be put in place for every computer and device connected to your home network, or for a specific computer.
Before setting up Access Control, reserve an IP address for your computer (or device). You can do this from the DHCP option in Advanced Set-up. You'll find more help in the article reserving an IP address.
- Open the Bright Box router's admin pages and navigate to the Firewall menu - you'll find help with this in the section above
- Select Access Control
- Select Add Device Filtering Rule
- Enter a Rule Description - in the example below our rule is called Block websites
- In the Client Device IP Address field, enter the IP address of the computer or device you wish to block from viewing web pages. In the example below, IP address 192.168.1.17 has been used
- In the list of services, select WWW to block web pages
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- In the Scheduling Rule menu, select Always Blocking
- Click SAVE SETTINGS to apply the rule
- Settings will be applied
- Select to Enable the Filtering function and select SAVE SETTINGS
- The new access control rule will be saved
- You can select to Edit, or Delete your rule at any time, for example if you wish to restore access, or add more users to the list